GSDM is pleased to announce the launch of "Skill Voucher" scheme in Gujarat.
Further that the skill voucher has been formally launched in the GyanShakti function by Hon'ble CM. Though the details of the scheme is available on the portal, the main points are as follows:
- Through this method anyone interested in funding the training cost of a candidate will be assured that either the funded candidate gets an NCVT certificate or the money is refunded back to the funding agency
- Henceforth all the government sponsored / funded short term training programs being done in PPP mode will be done only through Skill Voucher. Other departments will have to reorient their programs in line of the new GR. Departments may seek exemptions with reasoning which will be provided on case to case basis for a specified time.
- Initially all the institutes empanelled by any of the GoG departments or by Central government will be elligible to provide training on skill vouchers. To be specific all the institutes of NCVT, GCVT, UMEED, DSAG, GKS, CED, SCOPE,RDD, NSDC, VTP, ITI, Colleges, polytechnics, DOEACC, CDAC etc. They can train for any of the courses including those which are not specifically sanctioned in the empanelment. They are also free to devise their own training methodology.
- All such interested institutes will have to approach GSDM to get their status " Takes Skill Voucher" on the portal without which neither they would be able to register the skill vouchers and nor would the candidates get to know about such institutes.
- All such institutes may also approach the private bodies/ industries etc to get skill vouchers funded for their candidates.
- Companies who are interested in funding candidates as part of their CSR can approach GSDM for skill voucher. Similarly any philanthropic person can also get skill voucher for their selected candidates.