- Skill Voucher: This is inform all that GSDM is in very advanced stages of talks with Tribal development department and Urban Development Department (and few other departments) and there is every likelihood that in all around 20000 skill vouchers of value between Rs 2500 to Rs 5000 would be issued this financial year which would be available to all the eligible institutes:
Kindly note following type of institutes are eligible
- Institutes recognised or empanelled by Government of Gujarat department / body /GCVT/ NCVT : To make it more clear : Institutes recognised by GKS, UMEED, DRDA, RSETI, RUDSETI, Tribal department, CED, NSDC etc. Separate affiliation with GCVT or NCVT is not needed.
- Institutes recognised by or running projects of Central Government or any department of Government of Gujarat
- But just being eligible is not enough the institute need to complete certain formalities to get proper skill voucher status on the portal. The process is simple but mandatory.
Once these departments decide and publicise the scheme it is possible that you may miss the bus becuase of shortage of time. Accordingly it is highly advised that if you are interested in taking benefit of the skill vouchers the first thing that you must do is get the proper skill voucher status for the institute.
The details are in FAQ at following link http://www.gsdm.in/FAQNew.aspx#35 but for convenience it is reproduced below.
First kindly register with the portal.
- Upload and update the list of candidates trained by you in last one year.
- Get an account with Axis bank (The list of banks will be expanded lateron. But presently the payments will be made only through AXIS banks hence it is a mandatory provision)
- Login on the portal and request for the desired skill voucher status after uploading the required documents. This can be done by editing your institutes profile on the protal.
- In addition to this Download the format of application from portal
- Then approach to GSDM (Floor1, Block 16, Udyaog Bhavan, Gandhinagar) with relevant documents ie proof of account and empanelment.
- A letter / certificate from the em-paneling or registering department will also act as proof of empanelment.
- Combined application from the em-paneling agency will also be accepted provided all the above mentioned conditions are met for each institute.
2. Employment letter :Kindly note that the feature of uploading the employment letter and linking it with the candidates is stable and can now be used by all. You may use this feature to improve the employability index of your institute.
3. Online directory:
a. The online directory facility is also working fine. You can now even search for “plumber” in Ahmedabad City. All the candidates who were “Trained and test passed” and had valid mobile number have been added to the online directory. http://www.gsdm.in/SatisfiedCustomer.aspx
b. In future if the mobile numbers are provided against the candidates in the excel sheet used for uploading the data, then all such candidates would be automatically added to online directory if their status is “Trained and test passed”. So if some candidate does not want his or her mobile number in online directory then the institute should not mention the mobile number for such candidates. Once the institute makes them placed after uploading the employment letter such candidate would be taken out of the online directory.
c. All such candidates can now be called by any one to provide the services on paid basis. Not only this such service providers (being termed as RSP - registered service providers) can also get feedbacks from the customers and improve their ranking. It will function as follows:
i. On addition to the online directory he gets a message: This mobile is now registered at GSDM online directory. Just SMS the mobile no of your customers to 7600050060 from this mobile to get the feedback: www.gsdm.in
ii. After providing the services the RSP would send the mobile number of the customer to 7600050060. Like “ 9191919191” sent to 7600050060
iii. The customer would get a message: “If you are satisfied with the services provided by the RSP with mobile 9999999999 then kindly forward this message to 7600050060: www.gsdm.in”
iv. If he does forwards it to 7600050060 then it would be taken as positive feedback and will against the mobile number of the RSP.
d. Since most of these people might not be very tech savvy it is advisable that such persons may be shown a demonstration by the institutes. The feedbacks received by such candidates are also used to rank the institutes.
4. Placement agencies and labour contractors : Very soon we are also allowing feature through which even placement agencies and labour contractors can also register their mobile numbers. We are very sure this will help the institutes also as employability of their candidates would increase.
5. It is highly advised that to receive regular notifications from GSDM the institute must register with http://gujaratskills.blogspot.com/.